Early Head Start Center DirectorLocation:
: 12FLSA Status
This is a Non-Exempt Position. Salary is based on ESC Region 15 EHS Salary Schedule.Mission:
Education Service Center Region 15 is dedicated to excellence in education through leadership, partnership, and service.
As a service organization, Education
Service Center Region 15’s primary commitment is to provide superior support to
every Local Education Agency (LEA) stakeholder served. Our people are our greatest asset. As the Early Head Start Cook, you
will assist in cultivating a service focused culture within the Head Start department
and amongst Early Head Start staff working to provide support and resources necessary to accomplish the ESC’s values, mission,
strategies, and goals. Duties/Responsibilities:
As the Early Head Start Cook you are responsible for maintaining high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices. Implementing the cycle menu, purchases and preparation of food, and completing Child and Adult Care Food Program paperwork.
- Implements the cycle menu in accordance with policies,
procedures, and established practices; budget requirements; Head Start
Performance Standards, Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards, and the
guidelines established by the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Purchases food needed for meals and snacks served on
- Prepares, organizes, and sets up the food for meals and
snacks (including meeting the “time of day meal service” guidelines required by
the Child and Adult Care Food Program).
- Cleans and maintains kitchen, food service utensils,
equipment, and food storage areas to standards mandated by Child Care
Licensing, County Health Department, and best practices with regards to food
safety and sanitation.
- Maintains all required Child and Adult Care Food Program
paperwork. Paperwork includes menu production records, monthly adjustment
sheets, inventories, cycle menus, attendance sheets and food purchase receipts.
Compiles monthly reports accurately. Turns in all monthly Child and Adult Care
Food Program documentation to the Region 15 Health Specialist on time.
- Posts and maintains all required Child and Adult Care
Food public notices.
- Refers child nutrition concerns to appropriate agency
- Participates in team meetings, required in-services, and
all cook networkings and trainings.
- Communicates and works effectively with other staff
- Trains Assistant Cook and potential substitutes in the
CACFP paperwork and in all other aspects of the cook’s roles and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Service Center Region 15 is authorized by state law to obtain
criminal history record information on applicants considered for employment in
accordance with Texas Education Code 22.083.
- Basic cooking skills plus experience in food service and
volume meal preparation.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe and a cycle
- Must be able to relate well to parents, children and
other staff members.
- Must communicate effectively and be functionally literate
- Must possess organizational skills, time management
skills, and the ability to
- Must possess the ability to keep accurate reports and
- Must possess the ability to accurately increase or decrease
- Must have Serv-Safe Certification.
- Must have Civil Rights Training before beginning any
- Must not be on the National Disqualified List.
- Must provide evidence of a valid driver’s license or
state issued identification.
- Must provide evidence of current automobile liability
- Physical ability to remain on feet for extended periods of
- Position requires fine motor repetitive motion.
- Physical ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, reach overhead,
push/pull, squat, twist, and
- Must successfully complete a health screening and provide
proof of the absence of
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Education Service Center Region 15 Board policies
For Additional Information Contact:
Head Start/EHS Program Director