Instructional ServicesFLSA Status:
Contingent Upon ESC Salary Schedule
Education Service Center Region 15 is dedicated to excellence in education through leadership, partnership, and service.Position Purpose:
As a service organization, Education Service Center Region 15’s primary commitment is to provide superior support to every Local Education Agency (LEA) stakeholder served. Our people are our greatest asset. All staff in the Teaching and Learning program area believe it is imperative that all students have the same opportunity to learn no matter where they live or what school they attend. Therefore, the Teaching and Learning program area is committed to assisting our LEAs in the task of ensuring a proficient teacher is in every classroom throughout Region 15. As a member of the Teaching and Learning program area, you will assist in helping us achieve our vision of a proficient teacher in every classroom by providing our LEAs with high-quality support and resources.
This position reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for leading and guiding the LEAs of Region 15 in research-based best practices relative to specific content of this position; while supporting a high performance culture that emphasizes excellence, quality, productivity, and standards.Essential Functions:
- Program Knowledge and Understanding: Exhibit deep content knowledge specific to Kindergarten through Fifth Grade Mathematics; to provide continuity, coherence and effectiveness in the development of the teaching/learning process. Stay current and up-to-date on the most effective practices, skills and strategies that enhance knowledge and transfer of learning.
- Partnership, Support and Coaching: Design, deliver and facilitate content-specific, as well as, systemic best practice (e.g., campus-wide/district-wide) job-embedded professional development, including:
Culture & Growth: Contribute to maintaining and improving the culture of the ESC through customer service, respect for confidentiality, displaying self-initiative, and modeling a growth mindset through self-reflection and feedback reception.Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Whole-group trainings that build a shared understanding of skills, practices, or systems and include opportunities for practice.
- Support for participants implementing a new skill, practice, or system within their context, including co-planning, observation, and real-time feedback.
- One-on-one coaching sessions that identify participant successes and develop their capacity to improve high-leverage areas of growth.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver services and trainings in the use of Texas Home Learning products specific to K-5 Mathematics to improve student and school district/charter school performance and close achievement gaps.
- Provide effective, research-based instructional support to teachers (including new teachers), administrators, and paraprofessionals in Region 15.
- Communicate with districts, campuses, charter schools , TEA, and ESCs to provide effective, research-based technical assistance to improve student performance.
- Utilizes content and pedagogical expertise to design and execute engaging professional development around best practices in successful PD.
- Provide effective instructional coaching.
- Provide district/campuses assistance with data disaggregation to determine instructional needs and provide focus for instructional planning and meeting student achievement needs and/or goals.
- Assist LEAs and charter schools in preparing for and participating in state and federal accountability and monitoring systems including; Focus Schools, Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR), Performance Based Monitoring Analysis System (PBMAS), Residential Facility Tracker (RF), State Performance Plan (SPP), and LEA Determinations.
- Utilize technology tools to enhance delivery of services.
- Participate in ESC meetings, coordination of services, and long-range planning.
- Attend local, regional, and statewide professional development, meetings, and/or webinars that will result in better services to LEAs and charter schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Teaching and Learning and/or the Executive Director.
- In-Depth knowledge of instructional practices that lead to improved teaching and learning, including data-driven practices, observation and feedback coaching, student culture routines, designing and delivering professional development and change management
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and classroom development
- Demonstrate educational and assistive technology skills
- Possess the ability to deal effectively with parents, students, and school personnel
- Exhibit the ability to be a team member and is service-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and creatively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to team/organizational goals
- Proven ability to deliver content-specific professional development; as well as, systemic best practice (e.g., campus-wide/district-wide) professional development
Three (3) years classroom teaching experienceFor More Information:
David Bedford, Associate Director